This page is constantly updated, both in its content and its format, but to access some address appear an error message, please report the fact to the library of the Instituto de Medicina Tropical de São Paulo.
To obtain the desired information, click on the options marked with links and access to the corresponding pages.
International system of units
- Usage patterns of units and symbols: www.nist.gov/pml/pubs/sp811/index.cfm
You can access the specialized information, via the Internet, through international and national databases, at the addresses listed below.
- Virtual Health Library (BIREME-Regional Medical Library)
- CDC Web Search: the "Centers for Disease Control and Prevention"
- JCR-Journal Citation Reports (impact factor)
- KoreaMed: "Korean Association of Medical Journal Editors (KAMJE)"-provides access to articles published in Korean medical journals from 1997.
- LATINDEX: database of scientific journals of Latin America, Caribbean, Spain and Portugal.
- LILACS: Latin American literature and Caribbean Center on health sciences.
- JCR (InCites Journal Citation Reports)
- MEDLINE: MEDlars onLINE. International Literature.
- NetMed.com.br: the NetMed.com.br is a site in Portuguese which helps in bibliographical research, through access to the bibliographical base PubMed/MedLine. The Brazilian journals indexed in PubMed/Medline can be accessed on this site by selecting the option "Only Articles in Portuguese".
- NIH Web Search of "National Institutes of Health"
- Portal de Periódicos CAPES: Revistas, livros e bases de dados (JCR, Scopus, etc.) fornecidas via CAPES
- PubMed: National Library of Medicine "
- PubMed Central: the "National Library of Medicine"-offers in full all articles indexed.
- Scopus (Elsevier B.V.)
- Web of Science
Impact Factor in Periodics
Title of the journal: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nlmcatalog/journals
To locate an article, the search can be made by:
author, Word of the title, journal, volume, volume, first page;
make combinations of fields, such as: name of the author and the date of publication.
Complete articles of journals indexed in PubMed:
Location of documents
To locate which library has the material, see:
- National collective catalogue of serial publications-CCN-Locates the document in Brazilian libraries, registered by IBICT, has user-friendly interface for easy understanding by the user.
- Dedalus-finds the material in the holdings of the libraries that make up the SIBi/USP.
- Integrated Search Portal: integrates the informational resources of the SIBi/USP, where he retrieves the results of the print and digital resources available in the System Libraries.
- Portal of scientific journals in Health Sciences-offers various information, such as: the bibliographic description of the securities, the access to the electronic format, etc.
Journals indexed in the base "LILACS"
Journals indexed in the "PubMed/Index Medicus"
These sites help, too, to do the abbreviations of journal titles.
Journals indexed in the "Thomson Reuters Master Journal List"
- DECS (Descriptors in health sciences): vocabulary of medical terms, in three languages, used in the search and retrieval of subjects of the scientific literature in the databases MEDLINE, PubMed, LILACS.
- Controlled vocabulary of SIBi/USP: is a list of subjects used for indexing of information resources in the bibliographic database of USP – DEDALUS.
- The University of Sao Paulo is making available the final version of the document "guidelines for submission of dissertations and theses of the University of São Paulo: electronic document and printed" for assistance in preparation of dissertation and thesis. http://www.teses.usp.br/info/
- Biblio1: extended books available for purchase on the Internet, it has a system of on-line capture of prices from the merchant site.
- Entitled Dissertation Abstracts Database: citations and abstracts.
- Rare works &: offers to researchers and the general public the full content of existing titles in the various Libraries of the University of São Paulo.
- SciELO Books: publishes and provides online national and thematic collections of academic books for free.
- Theses of the graduate program in science of the State Secretariat of health of São Paulo: the vast majority is available for full-text access.
- Theses and dissertations (CAPES): CAPES opens access to summaries and other information of theses and dissertations, presented in graduate programs in Brazil, from 1987.
- Were for theses and dissertations at the University of Brasilia: complete texts.
- Theses and dissertations defended at the University of São Paulo: complete texts.